Our client is a developer with an extensive portfolio of residential, mixed-use property & commercial development projects. They offer solution in property management & trading, project planning & management for real estate projects.
Are you a young seasoned Accounts payable supervisor with a bias for handling real estate project financing with a keen eye for numbers, project-oriented & focused on maximizing the returns on investments? Are you interested in being part of a team focused towards transforming the real estate market in Kenya and beyond the East African region? If so, then this is the job you’re looking out for.
Our client would like to fill the position of an Accounts Payable Supervisor
The job holder will be responsible for managing the purchase to pay process and providing a professional service to internal customers as well as suppliers.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Ensure that approval is by LPO for agreed items and exceptions are managed
• Own the process that all costs are correctly coded.
• Confirming payments due and making appropriate payments; ensuring that all payments related to items that are approved in accordance with authority levels and are settled within an agreed timescale.
• Managing the flow LPO’s once initiated by the purchasing department through to processing invoices, confirming payments due and making appropriate payments.
• Enter all invoices received to AP promptly and accurately
• Ensure payment runs are produced to allow payment within credit terms and that only propose payment for invoices approved within authority limits.
• Maximize value form prompt payment discounts
• Reconcile supplier accounts as necessary as well as on agreed cyclical basis and ensure discrepancies are resolved quickly.
• Operate an employee expense claim process
• Ensure AP is reconciled to GL at month end in accordance with the timetable and reconciling items are promptly dealt with.
• Provide excellent customer services to internal customer dealing with matters affecting AP.
• Provide required information for accruals and other accounting processes e.g. unmatched, LPOs, unpaid invoices
• Participate in process to resolve issues arising from purchase exceeding systems budget
• Manage the storage and retrieval of all documents including evidence of authorization where required
• Monitor numbers of incorrectly processed invoices with a view to improving processes to achieve ‘right-first-time’ processing
• Manage staff effectively to do some of the tasks above. Monitoring individual and team performance through the use of key performance indicators
• Be the subject matter expert (or superuser) for Dreams’ (Finance solution) AP module
• Work with Finance Controller to improve processes, controls, and system used to allow all costs to be correctly coded, properly authorized, promptly paid and appropriate documentation filed with as little manual input as possible.
• AP team, although initially should also be demonstrated staff management skills and then recruiting junior team members as required to manage planned growth in transaction volumes.
• Must be a graduate of Bachelor of Commerce or any other business-related course.
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience of AP in a fast-paced environment with high volumes and well-developed processes.
• An MBA will be an added advantage.
• Professional qualifications in CPA (K), CFA or ACCA.
• Work experience in VAT and withholding tax
• Competency with Microsoft Office added advantage
• Knowledge of IFRS & accounting systems
Required skills and key competencies
• Excellent command and articulation of the English language.
• Ability to management progression.
• High interpersonal skills and ability to interact with people from all walks of life.
• Attention to detail
• Ability to communicate effectively with both internal customers and suppliers is key.
• Be a self-starter with strong organizational and problem-solving abilities.
• Ability to learn about the in-depth use of a system and the associated level of systems literacy.
• Managing transaction processing teams
• Excellent implementation/improvement skills
Salary Budget: 250,000/=
Deadline for Application: 7th February 2018. Only successful candidates will be contacted.
This vacancy is a full time position.