Are you a professional Accounts Receivables Officer who is confident, ambitious, resourceful and imaginative with the desire to challenge yourself? Are you interested in being part of a team focused towards transforming the FMCG sector in Kenya and beyond the East African region? If so, then this is the job you are looking for.
Our client would like to fill the position of Accounts Receivable Officer who will be reporting to the Finance Controller.
Purpose Statement of the Position
Responsible for all sales invoicing and debt collection. Ensure that all customers(debtors) accounts are reconciled on regular basis.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Maintain an updated debtor aging status report.
• Maintain ledger accounts for all debtors.
• To ensure that all income is received and booked in the right period.
• Act as the contact person between the organization and all customers (debtors).
• Maintain an updated debtors list.
• Take an active role in budget preparation process.
• Take active role in cash flow preparation.
• Receive revenue and issuing receipts for record purposes.
• Ensure clients transfers reflect in bank on timely basis.
• Works with the sales representatives to coordinate debt collection, understand sale circle and when invoicing is due and credit terms.
• Serves as key leader with understanding of the business and technical financial processes compliance in terms of tax and other aspect
• Daily sales reconciliations file maintenance.
• Daily banking summary preparations
• Cheque registers book maintenance.
• M-pesa pay bill transactions record book and phone maintenance.
• Daily banking register maintenance.
• Post Dated Cheques register maintenance
• Customers debts payment allocation in the tally system-WIP
• Bachelors’ degree preferably with a major in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration.
• CPA qualification will be an added advantage
• Proven track record of success and accomplishment in previous position(s).
• Knowledge of IFRS procedures and policies strongly preferred.
• Knowledge of internal controls and procedures
• Strong track record on integrity and business conduct standards
• Minimum 2 years’ managing corporate accounts receivable;
• Preferably experience with ERP
• Experience of manufacturing industry would be an advantage.
Competencies and Skills required
• Strong process and management skills
• Ability to deal with rapidly shifting priorities and work demands, and willingness to learn new skills and seek help from others.
• Ability to contribute to team performance with strong interpersonal and communications skills with attention to details.
• Ability to work under strict deadline and deliver quality results with limited supervision.
• Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
This vacancy is a full time position.