Our client would like to fill the position of a Business Intelligence Analyst.
Purpose Statement of the Position
The jobholder will be responsible for supporting various team in the organisation to analyse data, generate insights & make decisions & actionable plans. Support all the function heads to extract data from various databases & systems.
• Proactively identify opportunities where analysis can drive to valuable business results.
• Clean, interpret & analyse data using statistical techniques.
• Clean, interpret, & analyse data using statistical techniques.
• Supporting senior management team & department heads with in depth analysis.
• Work together with the business to enable data-driven decision making on the most important business decisions.
• Improve & streamline technical & business processes.
• Build models, analysis, & transformation on internal data using Excel & SQL & R.
• Test all new report/deliverable & periodically review them for quality for quality control
• Gather user requirements for new reports & enhance existing reports.
• Interpret needs & design reports to meet end user expectations.
• Create & maintain reporting tools & applications to support all strategic & tactical needs of the company.
• Implement a business intelligence reporting template & dashboard reports.
• Design & build management information dashboards & or reports using tools such as google
• Dashboard development & generation for daily, weekly, monthly & all reporting needs.
• Ad hoc reporting & analysi.
• A Bachelor’s degree in Business Computing, Computer Science, Management Information systems (MIS) Data Mining or Statistics.
• Technical training in data analytics, data mining, data science or data management is desirable.
• An MBA or a business related course will be an added advantage.
• Experience in data mining using computer programs & reviewing data trends is high desirable.
• Ability to extract data from SQL databases, system analysis & data analytics is highly desirable.
• Basic knowledge in generating process documentation.
• Solid experience in writing SQL queries, working with statistical software & programming languages.
• Experience in analysing data to draw business-relevant conclusions & in data visualization techniques & tools.
• Great analytical & data skills.
• Ability to communicate technical details to broader stakeholders.
• Strong visual communication & design skills.
• Ability to quickly understand key value drivers in various departments of the business. Strong verbal, written, presentation and effective listening skills.
• Keen eye for detail and accuracy.
• Ability to work well with others under deadline situations and respond to changes in priorities.
• Ability to work independently, take initiative, set priorities and see projects through to completion.
• Good with numbers, data and figures.
• Strong problem solving, analytical skills, and judgment
• Collaborative team-player with strong interpersonal skills and proven ability to cooperate with people at all levels
• Proficient in Excel and PowerPoint
• Witty and good with social media conversation skills best if they have an active social profile
• If they have lived in a hostel this would be added advantage as they can relate with product
• Recent graduate as this an entry level job with promising career prospects
This vacancy is a full time position.