Our client is a leading food processing company that manufacturers fruit juice drinks managing a reputable brand under its product portfolio.
Are you a seasoned finance specialist who is strategic, adds value, ambitious, resourceful and decisive with the desire to challenge yourself? Are you interested in being part of a team focused towards transforming the beverage market in Kenya and beyond the East African region? If so, then this is the job you are looking for.
Our client would like to fill the position of a Chief Finance Officer (CFO) who will be reporting to the Managing Director.
The CFO will be responsible for providing overall leadership and oversight with respect to all financial matters including planning, fund raising, budgeting, forecasting, statutory compliance, tax, accounting and reporting. The jobholder will also be responsible for putting in place systems, processes and procedures that enables efficient and effective delivery of results and for measures that enable continuous improvement within the Finance Department.
Duties and Responsibilities
Financial Planning and Reporting
• Preparing, maintaining and reporting on operating and capital budgets and forecasts and planning cash flow to ensure efficient use of financial resources and liquidity
• Ensuring that monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements are issued on a timely basis and are accurate and complete.
• Establishing and maintaining proper systems, procedures and controls that ensure financial resources and assets are managed prudently and in accordance with the budget.
• Ensuring proper matching of financial assets and liabilities and timely collection of debts and payment of suppliers and maintaining of an appropriate credit control policy.
• Oversee the preparation and completion of audited accounts.
• Ensuring that funding sources are matched with working capital needs for liquidity in order sustain operations.
• Manage the production of monthly consolidated management accounts including performance indicators and other management information.
• Provide an accurate & timely finance services including setting and monitoring of budget, forecasts, cash flow analysis, management and financial accounts, plus advice and support to inform decision making at all levels of the organization.
• Provide strategic financial leadership across all areas of the organizations with regard to safeguarding the current and future financial position company.
Financial Analysis & Tax
• Oversee the preparation of various financial analysis, modeling and financial KPI’s.
• Oversee the establishment of effective financial benchmarking tools to facilitate timely reporting and enable effective strategic and operational decision making.
• Oversee the putting in place of effective tax efficient structures.
• Ensure appropriate statutory compliance including on taxation matters.
• Ensure all VAT filings and payments/receipts are in accordance with deadlines.
• Ensure all other tax returns are filed and tax payments made in a timely manner.
• Ensure all statutory obligations are dealt with promptly.
Capital Structuring, Funds Raising and Treasury
• Coordinate and liaise with Banks, Financial institutions and service providers and creditors with respect to the sourcing, structuring and securing of various funding requirements.
• Monitor the company’s daily cash position ensuring cash is held in appropriate accounts.
• Prepare short term cash flow forecasts.
• Manage and improve the financing of working capital & generation of cash flow.
• Ensure proper matching of financial assets and liabilities and timely collection of debts and payment of suppliers and maintaining of an appropriate credit control policy.
• Regularly and effectively liaise with funders on timely disbursements of funds to the business.
• Ensure timely settlement of obligations to funders including interest and principal repayments.
• Design and implement improvements in treasury management processes.
• A Bachelor’s degree in Commerce, Finance or Accounting with an MBA or MSC in Finance.
• Professional qualifications in CFA, CPA (K) or ACCA with relevant registration with either of the professional bodies.
• Experience in engaging with C level executives and financiers in negotiations is highly desirable.
• Over 10 years relevant work experience of which 5 should be in a senior finance management position.
• Good understanding of VAT and Income Tax Act and an appreciation of Exercise Duty and Import Duty Regulations.
• Proven experience in investment analysis, capital raising and investment structuring is highly desirable.
• Experience in the FMCG industry & banking with business knowledge on risk management, strategy development and execution, business consulting, information systems, logistics and productions will be an added advantage.
• Financial planning and strategy formulation.
• Managing profitability
• Strategic planning
• Evaluation and reporting
• Quality management
• Process improvement
• Business focus
• Excellent command and articulation of the English language.
• High interpersonal skills and ability to interact with people from all walks of life.
• Attention to detail.
• Ability to deal with complexity.
• Numerical acumen and analytical.
• Team player with proven leadership skills.
• Good decision maker.
• Delegation and management skills.
This vacancy is a full time position.