Our client is a leading provider of integrated business and technology solutions across Africa in the Financial, Telecom, Real Estate, Service Industries and Government sectors in partnership with global technology industry leaders. They are driven by the desire to deliver business value to customers through a combination of processes, innovation, excellence, quality frameworks and service delivery with the core motivation being to define service excellence in technology driven business solutions.
Our client is looking for a seasoned finance expert to take up the role of a Chief Financial Office
r. The jobholder will report to the Chief Executive Officer
This is a senior executive role that supports the Chief Executive Officer and the Board to manage working capital, manage project financing and maximise assets. The ideal candidate has deep finance knowledge with good commercial operations expertise and can support project delivery. The role will manage project financing to a tune of $65M concurrently.
Further details concerning the role are as follows:Job purpose/ summary
This is a senior executive responsible for managing the financial actions of a company. Including tracking cash flow and financial planning as well as analysing the company's financial strengths and weaknesses and proposing corrective actions. He/she is responsible for managing the finance, accounting, project financing, bid & sales commercial validation, logistics & warehousing functions.
This incorporates maintenance of the accurate and complete project accounting records; production of internal and external financial and operational reports for use by management and the board; undertake financial planning, project financing and budgeting based on input from the business heads and continuously monitor performance against the agreed financial objectives; undertake long term financial planning and initial input for strategy formulation; manage the cost base by instituting effective supply chain and purchasing policies and follow up measures; manage all the company properties and other project assets and ensure that these are in a proper state of repair at all times; manage the centralised administration function which has the responsibility for the provision of operational support for the entire company.Duties and Responsibilities
• Form a close working relationship with the Chief Executive Officer, other Senior Executives and Non Executives.
• Provide leadership to the Board’s Finance and Accounting strategy, to optimize the company’s financial performance and strategic position.
• Take overall control of the company’s project accounting function.
• Overall control of the company’s project logistics, supply chain, procurement and warehousing structures, deliverables and activities.
• Contribute fully to the development of company strategy across all areas of the business, challenging assumptions and decision-making as appropriate and providing financial analysis and guidance on all activities, plans, targets and business drivers.
• Ensure that company financial systems are robust, compliant and support current activities and future growth.
• Lead and develop finance teams.
• Work with senior teams to grow the business, formulating commercial strategies and project plans.
• Ensure corporate budgeting processes are carried out and reviewed.
• Take ultimate responsibility for the company cash management policies.
• Present annual accounts to investors.
• Ensure that the regulatory requirements of all statutory bodies are met.
• Corporate finance: manage company policies regarding capital requirements, debt, taxation, equity, disposals and acquisitions, as appropriate.
• Handle all Bid and Sales commercial validation for all commercial activity
• Establish a high level of credibility and manage strong working relationships with external parties including customers and advisors.
Key Performance Indicators
• Accurate Financial Forecast and treasury management
• A profitable Industry profit and loss account
• Successfully closed negotiations with industry stakeholders
• Prudent Project working capital management
• Accurate Bid and Sales/commercial validation
• Effective Project logistics, supply chain management and warehousing
• Efficient Project financing, billing, collections and accounting
• Participate in an IPO & creation of an ESOP
Direct reports incudes: Senior commercial accountants and analysts, Project accountants, Logistics & warehousing officer, Project procurement officer, Commercial sales analyst.
• Masters in Finance/Accounting.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or equivalent.
• Accounting Certifications including CPA-K or ACCA.
• Project financing
Experience and Skills
• Over 10 years of accounting experience 4 of which should be in project financing.
• Strong organizational and analytical ability to conduct research, data analysis, and resolve problems.
• Direct experience in preparation for an Intital Public Offering (IPO), including implementing an IPO readiness framework, selecting a banker or bankers, organizing and executing a road show, and pricing and share allocation for the offering.
• Prior experience in the development & rollout of an Employee Stock Option Plan (ESOP).
• Meet the requirement for a commercially astute, articulate, technically strong, dynamic, insightful and influential leader with the ability to operate at both strategic and operational levels.
• Exceptional communication skills at all levels
• Strong IT skills, always being ahead of new technologies
• Ability to handle high levels of pressure and critical decision-making.
• High integrity and openness combined with commitment to good governance.
• Energetic, highly motivated, with an enquiring mind and passion for excellence and innovation in pursuit of business growth and success.
• Strong working knowledge of supply chain & procurement management and financial reporting systems.
• Presentation Skills and a strong sense of attention to detail.
Required skills and key competencies
• High degree of system thinking
• High degree of commerciality
• Excellent analytical skills
• Good networking and stakeholder management skills
• High tolerance of ambiguity
• Drive for execution and results
• Sufficient business and financial knowledge; and project management
• Ability to work under time constraints and stress situations
• A keen eye for detail, quality conscious and has a strong sense of responsibility and ownership
• Taxation, Audit and Assurance
• Full awareness and appreciation of profit dynamics in project financing.
This vacancy is a full time position.