Job purpose/ summary
Articulate the Employee Life Cycle with identified interventions at high risk points and with effective and relevant programs to address:
• Attracting and recruiting talent
• Talent engagement
• Assessment, review and development
• Reward and recognition
• Exit management – including retention of talent
Duties and Responsibilities
Recruitment, Selection and Induction
• Development of the Recruitment procedure and tools, including Applicant Tracking Systems, Assessment Centres and other screening alternatives to ensure that the right talent is identified, attracted and hired.
• Participate in the organisation’s manpower planning efforts in alignment with the company strategy and operational budgets
• Participate in interview and assessment activities
• Assist in training of managers in recruitment procedures
• Work closely with HR Manager to ensure that recruitment targets are achieved (Time to fill, Quality of Hire, Number of applicants etc.)
• Refinement of the Company induction and re-induction process, understanding the strategic impact of the same and developing/ incorporating cross-departmental elements that will enable talent within the organisation to understand and assimilate into the strategy, operations and culture of the organization
Performance Management and Succession Planning
• Custodian of the Balanced Score Card process, ensuring the strategy is clearly and accurately articulated into a performance management framework.
• Development of the Company’s succession plan, proposing and effecting programs to help in the development and preparation of staff for their next position.
• Developing career and technology training procedures, including Training Need Analysis, Skills Gap Assessments and Training roadmaps to ensure relevant training is identified and conducted.
• Develop and adopt innovative ways to maintain the effectiveness of the Performance Management process inspite of various organisational changes and addition of new business opportunities.
• Together with the HR Manager, driving and overseeing timely holding of staff appraisals as per company policy.
• Continuous review and adjustment of compensation elements (Salary and benefits) in line with Company budgets, market trends and data
• Together with the Finance department, ensure the accurate calculation and payment of the company incentive plans as per the agreed upon structures
• Timely and accurate processing of payroll, ensuring that confidentiality of the same is maintained.
• Coordinate with Finance department on issues around salary advances, loan applications and other monetary benefits
Employee Relations and Communication
• Custodian of the company mentorship and leadership development programs
• Working with the HR Manager and Departmental heads to ensure that career development conversations are held and relevant action plans are put in place
• Encouraging a team building spirit amongst employees
Key Performance Indicators
• Talent Management Lifecycle / Strategy
• Manpower plans and Succession planning
• Consistent delivery of relevant components of the Induction procedure
• Development and Implementation of the Balanced Score Card
• Bi-annual performance appraisals
• Quarterly career and employee satisfaction surveys
• Mentorship/ Coaching and other Development Programs (Internship, Technical and Leadership)
• A master’s degree in HR
• Relevant Certifications in HR practice.
• 10 years of experience 3 of which should be in a senior HR/ Talent role
• Ability to understand and articulate the Corporate Strategy and relate it to Talent Management
• Strategies and activities
• Ability to develop and nurture authentic relationships at all levels within the organisation
• Excellent organisational, analytical, leadership and decision-making skills
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
• Confidentiality, tact and discretion when dealing with people
• Aptitude for research
• Computer proficiency
Required skills and key competencies
Leadership & Management Competencies.
• Strong leadership, people and managerial skills;
• Change management, agility and innovation capability
• Relationship management and strong communication skills
• Ability to make sound business decisions and take ownership for the outcome.
• Good planning and organization skills.
• Maintain and promote social, ethical, and organizational norms in conducting internal and external business activities.
• Demonstrate knowledge of, and experience with, laws dealing with government and/or commercial contract administration, particularly contract negotiation, preparation and administration;
• Ability to provide independent advice (orally and in writing) to senior level management on highly technical matters;
• Demonstrate success in managing and conducting a variety of litigation matters;
• IT proficiency and appreciation of technology
• Ability to drive a culture of operational excellence & cost management.
How to apply: If you are interested in the position and have the skills and talents our client is looking for, we would like to hear from you.
Please make your application through our website www.dorbe-leit.co.ke before close of business 4th October 2018. Only successful candidates will be contacted.
This vacancy is a full time position.