Our client would like to fill the position of a Chief Technology Officer reporting to the Chief Executive Officer.
The job holder will be responsible for providing sound technical leadership in all aspects of the business including mobile financial services innovation focusing on the design, development & successful implementation of client solutions.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Provide strategic vision and technical leadership in all aspects of technology development.
• Lead research and innovation Strategy to position the Company as a leading provider of mobile financial services
• Oversee development and implementation of all product development policies and procedures and safeguard the company’s intellectual property.
• Oversee and approve solutions designed according to client requirements and needs and in line with the company’s technical design standards and processes.
• Oversee project delivery to ensure optimal use of resources; manage project costs and staffing resources to ensure that projects achieve their planned benefits within budget and project timelines; manage project risks proactively to ensure that adverse outcomes are minimized.
• Engage with clients and project stakeholders to ensure the expectations are managed successfully
• Manage staff performance and create opportunities to attract and retain key talent in the technical department
• Oversee installation and configuration of developed systems and software in the working environment for clients
• In liaison with the COO ensure the company’s ICT infrastructure is up to date in terms of technology requirements and is supportive to the technical design requirements for clients.
• Lead strategic insight and overview of business case justifications and return on investment analysis for project related spending and initiatives
• Provide technical input for packaging successful client proposals and bids including attending client presentation meetings
• Conduct periodic technical audits of the company’s systems and databases to ensure compliance with the company’s standards and address areas of non-conformity
• Prepare timely, accurate and comprehensive reports on the technical aspects of the company to inform decision making
• Lead the team to design and develop mobile applications on web and mobile platforms
• Responsible for web and mobile application backend development and support
• Collecting requirements, architecting and implementing new features, improving performance, and building user interfaces.
• Provide on-going support and maintenance of mobile applications
• As requested by the Board, attend meetings of the Board and its Committees and present the information necessary or relevant to the Board or such Committee for effective decision-making.
• Develop strategic plans and setting timelines for evaluation, development, and deployment of all technical, web, and mobile services.
• Collaborate with department heads, finance, business development, and operations as advisor of all technologies involved with company.
• Ensuring company’s technological processes and service comply with all requirements, laws, and regulations.
• A Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering or a related field.
• An MBA will be an added advantage.
• At least ten (10) years’ experience in software development role, information technology role, or related field of which seven (7) years in management or leadership role with at least three (3) years’ work experience in a technology multinational corporation.
• Conversant with the latest mobile technology development across the globe.
• Relevant certification will be an added advantage; Such as Mobile and Web Applications With solid skills on Oracle PL/SQL and UNIX scripting are must.
• Professional certification in project management or hands on experience in project management.
Required skills and key competencies
• Strategic orientation and entrepreneurial spirit with a focus on the big picture
• Leadership, ability to influence individuals and teams towards achieving company objectives
• Working knowledge of best practices in software development specifically for mobile financial services
• Excellent project management skills
• Ability to lead research and innovation initiatives
• customer and market orientation
• Performance management
• Managing resources
• Visionary & strategic thinker.
• Able to align multiple strategies & ideas.
• Understanding of budgets business planning.
• Emotional intelligence
• Drive for results and managing performance
• Negotiation skills
• A team player with the ability to work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
• Exceptional communication (oral and written) and presentation skills
This vacancy is a full time position.