Are you a young Engineer who is confident, practical, hands-on & good at operating a CNC machine? Are you interested in being part of a team focused towards transforming the interior design space in Kenya & beyond? If so, then this is the job you are looking for. Our client would like to fill the position of CNC Machine Operator.
Purpose Statement of the Position
Responsible for producing high quality components by programming machines to perform the right operations. The jobholder will use computer numerically controlled (CNC) machinery safely & accurately to perform a variety of functions in door production.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Prepare and operate CNC machines to perform tasks such as cutting, drilling, grinding, milling etc.
• Understand specifications of the task at hand and the desired result by reading blueprints, and technical drawings
• Translate instructions into computer commands so the machines can perform the correct function
• Prepare and load raw materials and components onto the machines based on issued production plan
• Prepare a test run to check if the machines produce outputs according to specifications
• Set machines to optimally complete full cycles to fabricate large number of components
• Supervise the machines while they execute the tasks and make any necessary adjustments to produce a better result
• Inspect and measure finished products and compare them with requirements to determine if the process has been completed properly
• Check and maintain machinery daily to ensure functionality.
• A Diploma or an Advanced Certificate in Engineering or its equivalent.
• Proven 3-4 year’s work experience as a CNC Machine Operator is highly desirable.
• Skills in operating CNC machinery & tooling as well as precision measurement tools.
• Ability to read & interpret mechanical/technical documents & drawings.
• Computer savvy with basic understanding of computer programming & CAM/CAD.
• Mechanical aptitude & good numerical skills.
• A keen eye for detail & result-driven approach.
This vacancy is a full time position.