Purpose Statement of the Position
The Country Manager will manage the organisation’s program in Ethiopia. This includes maintaining and strengthening existing key stakeholder relations, building new partnerships, leading and administering the local organization, communicating to relevant stakeholders, and managing and monitoring the implementation of the program (selecting and supporting social entrepreneurs).
Duties and Responsibilities
Achievement of organisation’s mission efficiency & Cost Management
• Maintain and administer legal entity of the organisation in Ethiopia and ensure efficient management of the Organization, including monitoring and evaluation, quality control, cost-effectiveness and day-to-day oversight.
• Lead a country team and manageorganization in accordance with good management and human resource practice.
• Ensure that the Organization complies with all applicable laws and good practice, including its obligation to produce annual audited accounts.
Strategy Development & Implementation of its Core Program, Communication & Partner Relations
• Develop, and implement a locally relevant country strategy and program in keeping with the organisation’s strategic plan and regional priorities to achieve the maximum social impact for social entrepreneurs and children.
• Lead the organisation’sprogram in Ethiopia with the goal of selecting the social entrepreneurs with the highest potential to improve the lives of children, and help them develop and scale their solutions into impactful, sustainable ventures faster and more successfully than anyone else.
• Design and execute locally relevant search and selection, accelerator and incubator program for social entrepreneurs in keeping with global directives and regional priorities.
• Develop and maintain close relationships with key stakeholders at our partner companies and manage the interests of our partners to ensure continued commitment and engagement.
• Develop relationships with key stakeholders and partners in Ethiopia to be engaged in the program, recruit their support and execute program strategy.
• Secure, diversify and grow funding and support from new and existing partners and investors building on organisation’s relationships with key Ethiopian and international donors in partnership with Regional
• Fundraising Manager and Regional Director.
• Drive effective communication with all key stakeholders to ensure the successful executive of our core objectives by creating & executing targeted communication strategy with support from the Regional Communications team.
Reporting & Communication
• Manage the monitoring and reporting on the progress of the operations and indicators, and contribute to processes to measure, learn from and improve impact.
• Create, together with partners, forums for best practice and sharing of ideas and experience on successful implementation of the programs across the markets.
• Report to Regional Director and produce recommendations for review of senior management and Board.
• Other duties as assigned by Regional Director.
• Holds a Bachelor’s Degree in a Social Science, Business, Economics, Public Administration, Economic Development Studies or its equivalent.
• A Master’s Degree will be an added advantage.
• 5 – 10 years of progressively responsible leadership positions with a distinguished record of relevant accomplishments in the non-profit sector and/or business sector.
• Knowledge or experience working with social entrepreneurs or knowledge on current thinking and practices in the field of social entrepreneurship.
• Excellent understanding of entrepreneurship development and social sector in Ethiopia.
• Experience in a similar position - setting up, project managing, or leading a program in Ethiopia.
• Evidence of being an entrepreneurial and strategic leader who is passionate about social change.
• Experience of working with social media platforms, such as Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.
• Experience as a successful social entrepreneur or a key leader in an entrepreneurial team, which succeeded in scaling an impactful and financially sustainable social enterprise or non-profit is highly desired.
Competencies and Skills required
• Ability to manage multiple, sometimes conflicting priorities and work cooperatively to build networks and satisfy needs of internal and external stakeholders.
• Demonstrated ability to work sensitively with diverse people, cultures and communities.
• Good writing and communications skills
• Good computer skills and familiarity with MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
• Ability to understand and use web based applications and platforms.
• ● Spoken and written fluency in English (required) and Amharic (preferred).
• Readiness for some travel.
This vacancy is a full time position.