Are you a seasoned customer-centric professional with a bias for handling & resolving customer complaints & issues with a keen eye for making customers happy & enhancing customer experience? Are you interested at being part of a team focused towards transforming the real estate-student accommodation market in Kenya and beyond the East African region? If so, then this is the job you’re looking out for.
Purpose Statement of the Position
The jobholder will be responsible for delivering an excellent customer experience throughout the life cycle of the student from the check in day to check out day. The Customer Experience Director is expected to devise & execute strategies to enable the organization to deliver its brand promise to its customers; creating an awesome living experience at all the properties. The Customer Experience Director will be expected to create processes, systems & people capabilities to increase the tenure of customers (students) at all properties & manage profitability of the property as per the business plan.
• Develop a comprehensive customer experience strategy for the organization in line with the vision of the organisation aimed at;
Managing customer operations at the property including documentation compliance (KYC norms), customer communication, billing & collections, & quick response to customer request.
Creating a customer centric culture at the properties by continuously engaging with the team at the properties, empowering them to take an extra step to deliver an awesome experience to the customers.
Innovating processes, systems including CRM to enable customers to engage effortlessly, transacting & managing requirements through self-care.
Continuously reducing pain areas for the customers, through working closely with other functions including IT, Finance, Marketing to ensure delivery of the brand promise.0
Delivering the budgeted profitability of the property by working closely with marketing team to create & devise pricing strategies, new products & value added services.
Engaging with projects, design & procurement teams to provide insights into customer needs & requirements, to improve the life cycle cost of maintenance, & improve quality of experience at the property, by suggesting improvements in design, amenities being provided, & material being used at the properties.
• Build capabilities in team to continuously improve at every touch point of customer to build trust, engage & enhance the experience of the customer.
• Create & deploy interventions, by working closely with relevant functions, aimed at engaging student residents to create memories for life, build a very high & positive bran recall, & to positive impact student life.
• Ensuring a safe & secure environment at the properties, reducing the probability of any critical incident, which may impact the brand negatively.
• Ensuring compliance of all statutory processes on property & facilitate management in line with the Health & Safety, Maintenance, & Code of Conduct guidelines.
• A Bachelor’s degree in a Business related course or its equivalent.
• A Master’s degree in Business Management/Administration or its equivalent will be an added advantage.
• Proven experience in team management, supervision or leadership within a customer facing environment, including performance management, people development, coaching or mentoring experience.
• Strong analytical skills-ability to pull insights from reports/quantitative data.
• Ability to build relationships internally & with third party suppliers.
• Demonstrable financial & commercial awareness, including previous experience of working with & managing costs & budgets.
• Excellent oral & written communication skills including the proven ability to engage with customers & colleagues alike.
• Management & leadership of processes for continuous improvement of customer experience.
• Have strong people leadership skills, exemplary customer service experience, & great at identifying operational improvements.
• Good mix of strategic, analytical & tactical skills.
• Track record of using data to inform business decisions.
This vacancy is a full time position.