Our client would like to fill the position of a Debt Collection Supervisor reporting to the Property Management Director.
The job holder will be responsible for billing & debt collection as part of receivables
Duties and Responsibilities
• Monitor existing customers’ adherence to payment terms &/or changes in financial stability & re-evaluate payment terms accordingly.
• Review delinquent account records to determine which customers must be contacted for collection of overdue accounts.
• Supervise & coordinate activities of staff engaged in collecting overdue payments.
• Support the sales & property team on collection policies & procedures.
• Enforce payment terms & meet cash goals & day sales outstanding targets.
• Monitor receivables portfolio to proactively increase cash flow & minimize company exposure to bad debt.
• Forecast cash receipts on a monthly basis.
• Facilitate the resolution of discrepancies with customer & sales teams.
• Actively participate in sales meetings to help drive receivable performance improvements across the business.
• Authorize additions & changes to customer records in the system.
• Collaborate with Sales & Property management team to ensure accuracy of billing data, reconcile billing reports & generate billing interface with the system.
• Preparing the weekly debt status reports for each property for both commercial and residential tenants
• Liaising with the Customer Service Centre to follow up debtors and collections
• Liaise with property management team to Initiate and supervise all evictions of defaulters.
• A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, a Business related course or its equivalent.
• At least 4 years’ proven work experience in debt collection is desirable.
Required skills and key competencies
• Attention to detail.
• Strong numerical &analytical skills.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Problem solving skills
• Holding people accountable
• Good planning and organization skills.
• Team player with proven leadership skills.
• Good decision maker.
• Delegation and management skills.
• Exceptional communication and interpersonal abilities
This vacancy is a full time position.