Are you a professional seasoned Sales person who is confident, ambitious, resourceful and imaginative with the desire to challenge yourself? Are you interested in being part of a team focused towards transforming the FMCG sector in Kenya and beyond the East African region? If so, then this is the job you are looking for.
Our client would like to fill the position of a Sales Representative who will be reporting to the Business Development Manager.
Purpose Statement of the Position
The Sales Representative will play a pivotal role in achieving the sales target and eventually generates revenue for the business. The position is responsible for sales function and maintaining as close to 100% sales for the products. The Sales Representative will be selling and marketing goods to wholesales shops, supermarkets, retail shops, fast food joints, hotels and restraunts in order to meet set sales targets on a weekly basis.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Delivery of all customers orders timely and efficiently.
• Ensure timely payment of goods sold as van sales and collection of cheques for all credit customers.
• Answer customers' questions about products, prices, availability, product uses and credit terms.
• Build strong relationships with all the stakeholders in the market
• Identify prospective customers by using business directories, following leads from existing clients, and doing market storm.
• Monitor market conditions, product innovations, and competitors' products, prices, and sales
• Provide customers with product samples and catalogues
• Recommend products to customers, based on customers' needs and interests.
• Planning and delivering monthly, weekly and daily sales targets
• Coordinating collection of sales proceeds within the approved terms of trade
• Managing route plans and customer calls by ensuring market coverage within plan
• Identifying opportunities and negotiating for incremental business
• Coordinating implementation of merchandising and promotional activities
• Collecting and collating market intelligence/research on competitor activities and other market trends for competitive advantage
• Monitoring competition by gathering information on other products, prices, positioning, delivery schedules, merchandising techniques, and point of sale, promotion materials; for use by Management.
• Preparing daily, weekly and monthly reports on the activities of the day.
• Establishing, developing and maintaining positive business and customer relationships.
• Continuously improving through feedback analyse the territory/market’s potential, track sales and status reports.
• Analysing the territory/market’s potential, track sales and status reports.
• A Diploma in Business related course.
• A minimum of 3 years Sales and Marketing experience in FMCG highly desirable.
• A proven track record in closing sales within the FMCG sector highly desirable.
• B2C sales experience.
• A valid driving license with 2 years driving experience.
• Certificate of good conduct.
• Candidates aged above between 25-30 years are encouraged to apply.
Competencies and Skills required
• High interpersonal skills and ability to interact with people from all walks of life.
• Ability to work under pressure
• Relationship and account management skills.
• Report writing skills
• Ability to prospect for, negotiate and close a business deal
• Negotiation skills
• Confident and bold
• Communication skills
• Good planning and organization skills.
• Team player with proven leadership skills.
• Good decision maker.
• Ethical and holds high integrity
This vacancy is a full time position.