Are you a seasoned facilities engineering professional with a bias for handling & resolving customer complaints & issues with a keen eye for making customers happy & enhancing customer experience? Are you interested at being part of a team focused towards transforming the real estate-student accommodation market in Kenya and beyond the East African region? If so, then this is the job you’re looking out for.
Purpose Statement of the Position
The jobholder will be responsible for leading the maintenance team and housekeeping team in the delivery of an outstanding student experience. Through providing excellent maintenance service-both reactive and planned, and cleaning provision, driving a high-quality customer service.
• Ensuring the delivery of maintenance best practice within the Properties
• Managing and delivering the provision of key support in emergencies, following up and dealing with serious emergency response issues
• Leading compliance with all health and safety practices within the cleaning provisions and our maintenance practices throughout all properties.
• Lead the handing over process for all new properties from the Project Management/ Design teams to the Property Operations team.
• Taking overall accountability for any customer/property related issues requiring action in a timely manner, engaging with colleagues when necessary
• Taking accountability with the Facilities team for overall presentation of the properties and fleet
• Assisting customers in a professional and courteous manner, communicating effectively, showing empathy and responding with urgency to customer requests.
Managerial & Supervisory
• Overseeing and co-ordinating the performance of the maintenance team
• Managing performance of cleaning team
• Implementing and managing performance improvements ensuring maximum cost efficiency without compromising customer experience
• Managing and developing members of the team, including:
o Monitoring work quality;
o Conducting 1 to 1 meetings
o Identifying and managing personal development needs
o Managing performance effectively, identifying issues and ensuring management processes are executed appropriately to achieve resolution.
• Constantly and consistently reviewing hazards and risks for safe working practices.
• Taking accountability for ensuring that Health and Safety legislation is adhered to at all times.
• Ensuring a safe and secure environment at all times.
• A Bachelor’s degree in Civil or Structural Engineering with working experience in Electrical Engineering.
• A Master’s degree in Business Management/Administration or its equivalent will be an added advantage.
• At least 5-6 years working experience in a senior managerial position managing engineering services in a corporate environment preferably a customer facing organisation.
• Team management, supervision or leadership experience within a customer facing environment, including performance management, people development, coaching or mentoring experience
• Track record of leading multi-functional teams in the delivery of excellent customer service
• Demonstrable success in building an effective Health and Safety culture in line with legislation
• Ability to demonstrate an objective, professional and calm approach when handling difficult situations
• Highly skilled in understanding, empathising and delivering against customer needs
• Excellent computer literacy, and the ability to use Microsoft Office
• Possesses and promotes a positive and collegiate attitude, with the ability to adapt swiftly and a willingness to undertake challenging tasks to ensure customer satisfaction
• Ability to work at pace whilst maintaining a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
• Ability to manage own time effectively, prioritising tasks when required, multitasking and meeting deadlines
• Ability to offer flexibility in working hours including provision of out of hours support in an emergency if required
• Self-motivated and possessing the ability to work on own initiative as well as within a team
• Ability to handle multiple specialized skill set people/vendors
• HSSE certifications/Quality certifications and trainings preferable
• Living within reasonable travelling distance of properties
This vacancy is a full time position.