Our client is one of Africa's fastest growing, diversified ICT businesses. Their core motivation is defining service excellence in technology-driven business solutions; their passion is providing best-in-class service delivery; their DNA is to be the best.
Are you a seasoned accounting professional with a keen eye for innovation in a dynamic and competitive environment? Are you interested in delivering quality to customers across the ecosystem, through a combination of process excellence, quality frameworks and service delivery innovation? If so, then this is the job you’re looking out for.
The purpose is to ensure the Finance Department operates efficiently and timely and upholds all International Accounting standards and applies the finance policy and employee code of conduct in the day to day operations of the company.Job purpose/ summary
Working alongside the organization CEO, the Finance Director will not only be an exceptional accountant and hands-on with company finances but will also be commercially aware, advising on the best path of growth for the business. The role of the Finance Director has overall control and responsibility for all financial aspects of company strategy and is expected to analyse figures and implement recommendations based on these findings, with the most profitable outcomes.Duties and Responsibilities
• Form a close working relationship with the Chief Executive Officer, other Senior Executives and Non Executives.
• Provide leadership to the Board’s Finance and Accounting strategy, to optimize the company’s financial performance and strategic position.
• Take overall control of the company’s accounting function
• Contribute fully to the development of company strategy across all areas of the business, challenging assumptions and decision-making as appropriate and providing financial analysis and guidance on all activities, plans, targets and business drivers.
• Ensure that company financial systems are robust, compliant and support current activities and future growth.
• Lead and develop finance teams.
• Work with senior teams to grow the business, formulating strategies and plans.
• Ensure corporate budgeting processes are carried out and reviewed.
• Take ultimate responsibility for the company cash management policies.
• Present annual accounts to investors.
• Ensure that the regulatory requirements of all statutory bodies are met.
• Corporate finance: manage company policies regarding capital requirements, debt, taxation, equity, disposals and acquisitions, as appropriate.
• Establish a high level of credibility and manage strong working relationships with external parties including customers and advisors.
Key Performance Indicators
• Accurate Financial Forecast
• A profitable Industry profit and loss account
• Successfully closed negotiations with industry stakeholders
• Masters in Finance/Accounting.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or equivalent.
• Accounting Certifications including CPA-K or ACCA.
Experience and Skills
• 10 years of accounting experience 4 of which should be in financial analysis
• Strong organizational and analytical ability to conduct research, data analysis, and resolve problems
• Meet the requirement for a commercially astute, articulate, technically strong, dynamic, insightful and influential leader with the ability to operate at both strategic and operational levels.
• Exceptional communication skills at all levels
• Strong IT skills, always being ahead of new technologies
• Ability to handle high levels of pressure and critical decision-making.
• High integrity and openness combined with commitment to good governance.
• Energetic, highly motivated, with an enquiring mind and passion for excellence and innovation in
• pursuit of business growth and success.
• Strong working knowledge of financial reporting systems
• Presentation Skills and a strong sense of attention to detail
Required skills and key competencies
• High degree of customer focus
• High degree of commerciality
• Excellent analytical skills
• Good networking and stakeholder management skills
• High tolerance of ambiguity
• Drive for execution and results
• Sufficient business and financial knowledge; and project management
• Ability to work under time constraints and stress situations
• A keen eye for detail, quality conscious and has a strong sense of responsibility and ownership
• Taxation, Audit and Assurance
• Sustainable Financial Management and Accounting
• Professionalism and Ethics
How to apply: If you are interested in the position and have the skills and talents our client is looking for, we would like to hear from you.
Please make your application through our website www.dorbe-leit.co.ke before close of business 4th October 2018. Only successful candidates will be contacted.
This vacancy is a full time position.