The job holder will manage the finance function of the company in a professional manner to ensure the company meets its financial obligations on a day to day basis.
• Contribute to and implement broader financial strategy across the business.
• Long term focus on future financial direction of the business.
• Set operational policies for the business, develop and take accountability for a business plan.
• Potentially manage non-financial functions.
• Responsible for actuarial valuation of the business.
• Translate strategy into business plan.
• Manage Financial resources
• Accountable for preparation of financial reports, results and commentary
• Manage Financial and Operational performance
• Responsible for planning and forecasting
• Manage capital and Tax
• Ensure best financial operating practice and compliance.
• Responsible for audit liaison as well as tax, legislative and statutory requirements.
• Influence business on corrective actions required on issues raised during monthly management accounting process.
• Look for opportunities to minimize tax liabilities of the organization.
Key Result Areas and Performance Indicators
• To manage the company liquidity on a day to day basis to ensure that the funds are always available to meet any obligations that may arise
• Establish and perform an effective budgetary monitoring system (variance analysis) to ensure that it is as per the approved plan and that any variance is explained
• Ensure that all company debts are collected within the stipulated time to ensure that the company meets its financial obligations and Return on Investment income
• Ensure that (external and internal) accounting procedures are being followed & in compliance with international financial reporting standards and regulatory requirements
• Degree in Business related Studies with a Master’s degree in Business or Finance is desirable.
• CPA (K) /ACCA or its equivalent
• Working knowledge of Emerge T24 and Great Plains ERP.
• At least 10 years of which a minimum of 2 years should be in the insurance industry.
Skills and Competencies
• Analytical and quantitative skills
• Management and Leadership skills
• Financial Management
• Excellent Computer packages knowledge
• Demonstrated leadership skills
• Ability to accurately plan work assignments, prioritize tasks and deliver deadlines
This vacancy is a full time position.