Are you a young seasoned finance professional with a bias for handling real estate project financing with a keen eye for numbers, project-oriented & focused on maximizing the returns on investments? Are you interested in being part of a team focused towards transforming the real estate market in Kenya and beyond the East African region? If so, then this is the job you’re looking out for.
Our client would like to fill the position of a Financial Controller.
The job holder will be supporting the senior finance management team by managing the transaction processing and reporting teams.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Review driving improvements to processes including systems enhancement to maximize the return on systems investments and evolving team roles to facilitate the same.
• Develop the management and external reporting for the group both in terms of content and in the degree of automation and efficiency in report production.
• Oversee the production of monthly control reports i.e. project reports, property P&Ls and cost center reports
• Manage the production of monthly consolidated management accounts including key performance indicators and other management information
• Contribute to the development of management reporting in this high growth, evolving environment
• Manage the production of annual statutory accounts including individual SPVs and Group consolidated accounts.
• Ensure proper preparation for audit visits, all information requested is provided and all issues raised are dealt with.
• Oversee the transaction processing teams in accounts payable, accounts receivable, cash management & expenses processing.
• Ensure transaction processing teams prepare monthly control account reconciliations and review
• Ensure balance sheet account reconciliations are prepared on agreed timelines and reviewed
• Maintain the consolidated chart of accounts
• Maintain a system of controls over accounting transactions
• Maintain an orderly accounting filing system
• Manage the production of financial reports for lenders including covenants.
Treasury & Controls
• Monitor the group’s daily cash position across its various entities ensuring cash is held in appropriate accounts
• Ensure payments are made on a timely basis in accordance with agreed policies and procedures
• Prepare short-term cash flow forecasts as required
• Co-ordinate debt drawdown activities to ensure timely payments
• Ensure debt service is paid when due
• Design and implement improvements in Treasury management processes
Tax & Statutory
• Oversee the processes of filing tax and statutory returns including audited accounts in a prompt and timely manner
• Ensure all VAT filings and payments/receipts are in accordance with deadlines
• Ensure all other tax returns are filed and tax payments made in a timely manner
• Ensure all statutory obligations are dealt with promptly
• Support senior finance management team in treasury & controls, financial risk management & in managing the tax & statutory compliance.
• A Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting.
• An MBA will be an added advantage.
• Professional qualifications in CPA (K), CFA or ACCA.
• At least 7 years’ proven work experience in working with volume transaction & reporting at a group level.
• Experience in the real estate industry with business knowledge on mortgages, property valuation, investment appraisal will be an added advantage.
• Knowledge of IFRS & accounting systems
Required skills and key competencies
• Excellent command and articulation of the English language.
• Ability to management progression.
• High interpersonal skills and ability to interact with people from all walks of life.
• Attention to detail.
• Numerical acumen and analytical.
• Holding people accountable
• Good planning and organization skills.
• Team player with proven leadership skills.
• Good decision maker.
• Delegation and management skills.
• Outstanding attention to detail and observation ability.
• Exceptional communication and interpersonal abilities
This vacancy is a full time position.