Our client would like to fill the position of a Global Director Government Relations and Policy.
The Government Relations and Policy team works with governments at a local, national and regional level to advocate on behalf of our organization's clients. The team builds relationships with government officials to keep them informed about our work, ensure we comply with all laws related to our field work, and create opportunities to better serve our clients. The team also advocates across Africa, the United States, and Europe to improve policies that benefit smallholder farmers and lead the team as it expands into new countries and new policy landscapes.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Managing a team of 50+ government relations staffers with local, national and regional portfolios
• Mentoring individuals staff members to become stronger leaders and more effective managers
• Setting the vision for government relations operations in Kenya, Rwanda, Tanzania, Burundi, Uganda, Malawi, Zambia and all pilot countries
• Driving organizations risk management on key issues related to political and immigration trends in the countries where we operate
• Ensuring government relations staff provide clear analysis and support to our organization's leadership on expansion planning, both in new and existing countries.
• Ensuring all required licenses and registration are secured for the complete portfolio of products offered in each country program, including in new fields like nutrition.
• 8-10 years’ work experience and demonstrated the passion for international development.
• Must have experience working with governments on behalf of organizations or policy initiatives.
• Current relationship within the government, or ability to create relationship quickly at all levels of government.
• Significant experience working in international development or related industries, ideally in work that touches on the private sector or social enterprises.
• Demonstrated experience in managing large, multi-country teams with varied professional development needs.
Required skills and Behavioral Attributes
• Energy and flexibility. Has passion for this work and who thrive in fast-changing management and government and government environments.
• Strong relationship manager with experience in identifying and securing advocates across a number of African governments.
• Ability to work collaborative across multiple country offices and departments
• Willingness to travel internationally for 8 to 10 weeks a year.
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
• Top-performing academic background
• Humility- Have strong leadership skills with good humor, patience and humble approach to service to join our growing family of leaders.
• Out of the box thinking, flexibility and creative
• Someone who can solve challenging problems in an impactful way that is measurable.
• Languages: English required; Swahili or French desirable
Salary Budget: 3,333 – 5,000 Net per Month.
How to apply: If you are interested in the position and have the skills and talents our client is looking for, we would like to hear from you before 26th February 2018. Only successful candidates will be contacted.
This vacancy is a full time position.