Our client is one of Kenya’s fastest growing banks with a network of 80 outlets and over 900 employees. The Bank is regulated by the Central Bank of Kenya and offers a variety of financial solutions to both Retail and MSME market segments.
Over the years, the bank has developed a wide portfolio of transactional, savings, credit and micro insurance solutions to meet changing customer needs.
Their vision is to give Kenyans hope and a future, by listening and empowering them with relevant financial solutions.
In line with business demands driven by our rapid growth, we are looking for qualified, highly competent, talented and results driven individuals to fill the following key business growth and revenue generation positions.
The Head of Branches will be reporting to the General Manager- Business Development.
The jobholder will be responsible for business development while working together with Regional Business Managers, Head of Segments, Leadership Team, Branch Management teams, Credit and other stakeholders in the Bank.
• Offer strategic leadership to the branch leadership teams.
• Offer leadership to the team in a manner that promotes motivation, efficiency, mentoring and ensure high levels of discipline.
• In liaison with HR and heads of business segments, oversee the process of recruitment, training and induction of branch teams and ensure motivation and retention of staff.
• Drive a high performance culture among the branches and take charge of performance management across branches.
• Develop and roll out initiatives geared to achievement of all business KPIs.
• Drive profitability of the entire branch network and ensure that new branches /sales centers break even within the stipulated timelines.
• Drive utilization and profitability of the alternative banking channels by the banks clients.
• Cross sell bancassurance products to the entire clientele in line with the strategy.
• Drive deposits and ensure that the desirable loan to deposits ratio is maintained at all times.
• Ensure compliance to bank’s policies & procedures and regulations on KYC, AML and CFT among others.
• Ensure closure of all audit /compliance audit issues.
• Provide feedback to head of segments on the all products, service offerings and processes and recommend alignments to customer needs and expectations.
• Facilitate the development of new products and markets.
• Enter into strategic business partnerships which ensure mutual benefits.
• Plan and roll out new sales outlets: branches, sales and service centers, agencies etc.
• Cultivate a customer service culture across all customer touch points and align people, products and processes to the same.
• Maintain a high quality loan book and meet the bank’s target on NPL ratio.
• Any other duties that may be assigned by the supervisor
• Degree in Business or Finance related studies (Master’s degree in Business or Finance is desirable).
• Experience in sales across retail banking, SME banking, Community banking and banacassurance
• CPA (K) /ACCA.
• Working knowledge of Emerge T24 and Great Plains ERP.
• At least 5 years supervisory experience in Financial Accounting for financial institutions.
Skills and Competencies
• Analytical skills
• Sales and banking skills
• Credit skills
• Operations and customer service skills
• Management and Leadership skills
• Financial Management
• Excellent Computer packages knowledge
• Demonstrated leadership skills
• Ability to accurately plan work assignments, prioritize tasks and deliver deadlines
This vacancy is a full time position.