Purpose Statement of the Position
The jobholder will be responsible for ensuring strategic and operational finance planning, monitoring and reporting to enhance the decision making process, oversee successful delivery of activities relating to the Human resource, legal, administration, IT an office services function across entire group.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Develop, implement and monitor compliance of policies and procedures in accounting, office administration, HR and IT for all group businesses
• To ensure compliance with legal, Tax and other financial and personnel regulatory requirements.
• To ensure both internal and external Audits are conducted within specified periods.
• To liaise with Company Secretary on company secretarial issues.
• Provide strategic financial leadership across all areas of the organizations with regard to safeguarding the current and future financial position company.
• Preparing, Maintaining and Reporting on Group and Subsidiary Operating and Capital Budgets and forecasts and planning Cash flow to ensure efficient use of financial resources and liquidity
• Ensuring that Monthly, Quarterly and Annual Financial Statements (including consolidation) are issued on a timely basis and are accurate and complete.
• Establishing and Maintaining proper systems, procedures and controls that ensure financial resources and assets are managed prudently and in accordance with the budget.
• Ensuring proper matching of financial assets and liabilities and timely collection of debts and payment of suppliers and maintaining of an appropriate credit control policy.
• Oversee the preparation and completion of Audited Accounts for the Group and Subsidiaries.
• Provide an accurate and timely finance service including setting and monitoring of budgets, forecasts, cash flow analysis, management and financial accounts, plus advice and support to inform decision making at all levels throughout the Company.
• Manage and improve the financing of working capital and generation of cash flow across the group.
• Appraise investment opportunities
• Contribute to successful delivery of Company strategic priorities and annual business objectives.
• Provide strategic financial leadership across all areas of the organisations with regard to safeguarding the current and future financial position of the Company.
• Recommend sources of company finance for approval.
• Sign company cheques as per mandates
• Approve Finance & Shared services expenses.
• Approve company budgets for presentation to boards
• Approve cash flow plans
• Degree in Bachelor of Commerce degree in Accounting or Finance or its equivalent with an MBA or MSCC in Finance.
• Professional qualifications in CPA (K), ACCA or its equivalent.
• Minimum of 8 years’ experience of managing finances or audit preferably in a commercial environment of which 3-5 should be a senior management position.
• Experience in engaging with C level executives and financiers is highly desirable.
• Proven experience in investment analysis, capital raising and investment structuring is highly desirable.
• Communication skills, interpersonal skills, analytical skills, strategic thinking and business development are the desired qualities.
Competencies and Skills required
• High interpersonal skills and ability to interact with people from all walks of life.
• Attention to detail.
• Numerical acumen and analytical.
• Holding people accountable
• Good planning and organization skills.
• Team player with proven leadership skills.
• Good decision maker.
• Delegation and management skills.
• Strategic Orientation
• Business Focus
• Evaluation & Reporting
• Ethical and holds high integrity
This vacancy is a full time position.