The position is responsible for developing, leading and implementing Human Resource Strategies and policies that attract, develop and retain best talent while nurturing a performance culture to meet business objectives.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Leads in the development, review and implementation of human resources policies and procedures to provide an employee-oriented high performance culture.
• Developing and implementing the HR strategy to meet the business objectives and provide a competitive edge.
• Leading and implementing the management development programs that attracts nurtures and retains talent.
• Developing and leading human resource capacity building initiatives to enhance performance and build skills and competencies in the organization.
• Leads in the development and implementation of staff benefits and rewards policies for the organization to attract and retain talent.
• Responsible for managing and executing an effective performance management framework.
• Facilitates staff training and development process in the organization to enhance the staff competencies, individual and organizational performance.
• Manages succession planning in the organization to ensure business continuity for critical positions and effective talent management system.
• Provides technical advice to the senior management, the management team and staff on human resources policy issues and regulatory framework.
• Takes a lead advisory role on the organizational change management initiatives.
• Designs and reviews the organizational governance structures and framework.
• Maintains the risk management plan and quality management systems in the department.
• Maintains appropriate organization welfare schemes and staff wellness programs.
• Prepares & monitors budget of human resources function.
• Any other duties and roles as may be assigned by the CEO.
• Bachelor’s degree in social sciences or equivalent Post Graduate Diploma in Human Resource Management
• A MBA will be an added advantage.
• Higher national diploma in HR is highly desirable & must be an active member of the IHRM.
• Minimum 10 years’ relevant experience, 5 of which should be at a Team Leader Role and above.
• Exposure working in a multicultural environment is an added advantage.
Functional Competencies (Professional/Expert Level)
• Knowledge of policies and procedures
• HR Planning
• Learning & Development
• Change management
• Recruiting, selection and placement
• Performance management
• Talent Management
• Employee relations
• Career management & succession planning
Behavioural competencies Level (4)
• Analytical Thinking
• Leadership and developing others
• Mentoring & coaching
• Professional confidence
• Working strategically
This vacancy is a full time position.