Purpose Statement of the Position
The jobholder is mandated to sell all company products to business units, Farms, Coopertaives, Feedmillers affiliated institutions. Establish & develop strategic business relationships with key industry publics within a region.
• Service all diary & agro co-operatives.
• Develop own work plans & time schedules.
• Recommend sales & promotion activities to the field manager.
• Generate effective sales proposals & tactics.
• Feed mills & Farms purchasing goods worth at least 40, 000 per month.
• All customers must be seen twice a month.
• Service around 100 customers with sales between Kshs.10-20 million.
• Visit an average of 5 customers a day.
• Develop a business relationship with County Directors of Veterinary Services (CDVS), NGOs & key publics.
• Recruit at least 3 new customers per month.
• Develop a relationship with institutions affiliated to the industry within the territory.
• Develop & maintain a clear detailed customer’s database.
• Drive a strategic sales leadership with a territory.
• At least a 15% sales growth per customer after every 6 months.
Key Performance Indicators
• Sell all the company products as per the budgets.
• Retain at least 95% & acquire 20% new customer within a year.
• Customer service standards are scored at least 3 out 5.
• Brand activity plans are successfully implemented.
• Recommend at least one sales proposal per month to the Field Manager.
• All customers’ complaints are satisfactorily addressed within 15 days.
• Avail detailed market intelligence report on at least weekly basis.
• No conflict with Territory Sales Rep (TSP) & Field Sales Rep (FSR).
• An effective cost per call ratio.
• A Bachelor’s degree in Animal Science, Animal Production, Agricultural Economics, Agri-business, Business Related or its equivalent.
• Minimum of 3 years relevant experience & preferably in business to business sales environment.
Competencies and Skills required
• Product knowledge
• Good interpersonal skills
• Computer literate
• Clear communication skills
• Trade & industry knowledge
• Management skills
• Leadership skills
This vacancy is a full time position.