Purpose Statement of the Position
The jobholder manages procurement, logistics & inventory optimally to maximise profit as aligned to corporate strategy.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Participate in formulation of the company’s Supply Chain strategy and annual budget.
• To ensure supply of materials and products according to Sales & Operations Plan.
• Spearhead strategic relationships with all suppliers.
• To negotiate and optimally manage all outsourced logistics contracts (clearing & forwarding, in-bound transport and out-bound distribution)
• Ensure proper management of inventory, in line with cGMP.
• Maintain optimal inventory levels to meet demand.
• Manage the Procurement and Warehouse teams (recruitment, appraisal, skills gap and training, career development & leave planning).
• Develop alternate material sources to ensure optimal quality and pricing.
• Ensure procurement processes are compliant with regulatory requirements and internal policies.
• Product Cost
• Product Availability
• Inventory Level
• Customer Service (On time In Full)
• Department operating costs
• HR Management
• Implementation of objectives
• Up-to-date contracts
• Procurement process compliance
• A minimum of a Degree in Procurement, Purchasing & Supply, Logistics & Distribution, Supply Chain or its equivalent.
• Professional qualification in CIP are highly desirable.
• At least 3 years’ experience in a procurement & logistics role involving import and export, preferably in a manufacturing concern highly desirable.
• Basic financial management skills will be an added advantage.
• IT proficiency with ERP working experience.
• Valid driving license BCE.
Competencies and Skills required
• Excellent Communication skills
• Good Numeracy & Analytical skills
• Good negotiation skills
• Excellent Planning and Organizational skills.
• Ability to manage people
• Continuous Learning
• Good Decision Making Skills
This vacancy is a full time position.