Our client is looking for a knowledge driven individual to take up the role of a Project Administrator. They have operations which cut across the Eastern Africa countries of Kenya, Ethiopia, Burundi and Rwanda, the Southern Africa countries of Zambia, Zimbabwe, Angola and Mozambique, the Western African countries of Ghana and Nigeria and Portugal in Europe. The jobholder will report to the Chief Technology Officer.
Further details concerning the role are as follows:
Responsible for delivery of significant enterprise wide projects, typically with large budgets & project teams focused on meeting project commitments on budget time & quality.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Lead the development & implementation of abroad, coordinated project plans to meet the goals & priorities of the client’s business.
• Participate in external wide activities to maintain knowledge on developments in the field.
• Establish liaisons with key stakeholders & other vendor users to keep abreast of development in the project management field.
• Manage the project budget, monitor the expenditure & costs against project benefits as well as providing audit data as required.
• Continuously improve project management toolkits & methodologies used with the organization. Provide expertise & consulting to project leads in the project management process.
• Ensure project risk assessment & planning for each project.
• Drive project change management taking full account of obstacles, opposition, differing stakeholder priorities. Acts as a champion & a partner for business process changes; act behind the scenes to craft solutions for business problems related to the project.
• Provide mentoring, coaching & direction to the various team members & project leads. Ensure project teams are trained & developed.
• Bachelor’s degree in either IT, Computer Science or a related field.
• Master’s degree in Project Management or a business related field will be an added advantage.
• A Project Management (Prince2) Certification highly desirable.
• A Certificate in Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) will be added advantage
• At least 10 years of increasingly responsible experience, with at least 5 years of managing increasingly complex IT projects.
Leadership & Management Competencies.
• Strong leadership, people & managerial skills.
• Change management, agility & innovation capability
• Relationship management & strong organisational skills.
• Ability to make sound business decisions & take ownership for the outcome.
• Good planning & organisational skills.
• Ability to provide independent advice (orally & in writing) on highly technical matters.
• Ability to lead large & complex project within budget, timelines & desired objectives in a diverse environment with multiple changing demands.
• Ability to assess & manage project risks.
• IT proficiency & appreciation of technology.
How to apply:
Please send your application though our website www.dorbe-leit.co.ke on the vacancy page before close of business 9th February 2018.Only successful candidates will be contacted.
This vacancy is a full time position.