Purpose Statement of the Position
The jobholder will ensure that quality control services meet current Good Laboratory Practices (GLP) requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Ensure that internal and external customer requirements and expectations have been identified and that the organisation is meeting or exceeding these customer expectations.
• Oversee product quality control process for over 40 products.
• Liaise with pest control products board, NEMA and Pharmacy and Poisons Board.
• Coordinate out sourced quality control services.
• Champion, support or lead multi-disciplined quality improvement initiatives that support product or process improvements
• Ensure that all managers, process owners and supervisors develop and maintain their part of the Quality Management System by development and awareness.
• Monitor and advice on how the Quality Management System is performing, which often includes the publication of statistics to the senior leadership team regarding company performance against set measures.
• Continual enhancement of the quality culture and use of quality tools within the business to increase the rate of improvement.
• Determine how customers’ expectations will change over time (internal and external) and what the organisation needs to do to meet these changing expectations.
• Responsible for supporting the development and maintenance of a customer-focused culture within the organisation.
• Involvement in developing the quality goals and targets in the organisation strategic plan.
• Supervise in-house quality control
• Coordinate with contract laboratory
• GLP implementation at the laboratory.
• Technical staff training
• Handle GLP and other technical documents
• Development and validation of
• Analytical methods.
• Participate in product development and trials.
• Responsible for laboratory
• Housekeeping and EHS programmes.
• Degree in Bachelor of Pharmacy.
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in quality control
• Woking knowledge of the current GMP, GLP and QC standards and requirements in pharmaceutical industry.
• Proven quality control work experience preferably within a Laboratory set up.
Competencies and Skills required
• High interpersonal skills and ability to interact with people from all walks of life.
• Attention to detail
• Excellent communicator
• Team leader
• Strategic thinker
This vacancy is a full time position.