Are you a service centred sales and marketing professional with a keen eye for offering clients with excellent hospitality services? Are you able to negotiate for good business deals and make powerful presentations to a variety of high level audiences? If so then you are the person we would like to hear from right now. The role reports to the General Manager.
Purpose Statement of the Position
The jobholder will Oversee the dining area, supervises food and beverage service.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Maintains records of staff periodic manner and operating costs
• Ascertain departmental training needs and provide such training in regards to capacity building
• Provide feedback and coaching to junior staff to maintain high standards of operations
• Understands building capability through Cross training
• Works with food and beverage staff to ensure proper food presentation and proper food handling procedures.
• Responsible for food service at the main restaurant, bar, conference and outside catering facilities.
• Achieve maximum profitability and over-all success by controlling costs and quality of service
• Maintain and safe guard company equipment.
• Handle guest feedback/ complaints in restaurants.
• Schedules periodic food and beverage service staff meetings to ensure correct interpretation of policies and obtain feedback from staff members.
• Maintain budget and employee records
• Meet with sales representatives to order supplies such as tableware, cooking utensils, and cleaning items.
• Arrange for maintenance and repair of equipment and other services.
• Maintain receipts and balance against sales, deposit receipts, and lock facility at end of day.
• Ensures new products are executed properly following roll - out.
• Effectively forecast restaurant needs and adjust work schedules accordingly.
• Effectively identifies restaurant problems and provide daily reports to the General Manager on how to ideate & execute to resolve the same
• Assist in planning regular and special event Menus and participation and input towards F & B Marketing activities.
• Responsible for Banquet china, cutlery, glassware, linen and equipment.
• Completion of function delivery sheets in an accurate and timely fashion.
• Help in preparation of forecast and actual budget function sheets.
• Completion of weekly schedules. Schedule staff as necessary to ensure adequate and consistent levels of service.
• To supervise and co -ordinate daily operation of meeting/banquet set -ups and service.
• Completion of Banquet bar Requisitions.
• Maintaining the Hotel Bar control policies and completion of necessary forms.
• Following of proper purchasing and requisitioning procedures.
• Maintain records for inventory, labour cost, and food cost etc.
• Follow -up each function by completing a Function Critique and submit to the Sales & General Manager.
• Work with the Chef and Head Server to ensure all arrangements and details are dealt with.
• Inspection of Meeting Room prior to guest arrival ensuring that client specifications have been met.
• Co-ordinate the general housekeeping of the Meeting rooms, conference washrooms waterfront terrace, etc.
• Participation towards overall Hotel Maintenance and cleanliness.
• A Diploma in Hotel Management or Food & Beverage Sales
• Service Certificate (Advance Level) or its equivalent.
• Proficiency in Point of sale (POS) software, inventory software, Restaurant guest satisfactory tracking software.
• Minimum of two years in a similar role in a hotel or similar establishment
• Able to use the Delphi System for data retrieval
Competencies and Skills required
The ideal candidate should display first class aptitude and should ideally have; multi task assignments experience, team management skills, demonstrated flair for numbers, excellent presentation skills, and finally is in a front and/or middle office role.
• Team player
• Excellent communicator
• Attention to detail
• Business Focus
• Evaluation & Reporting
• Punctual & excellent time manager
• Ethical and holds high integrity
This vacancy is a full time position.