Are you a service centred sales and marketing professional with a keen eye for offering clients with excellent hospitality services? Are you able to negotiate for good business deals and make powerful presentations to a variety of high level audiences? If so then you are the person we would like to hear from right now.
Purpose Statement of the Position
The jobholder will solicit group business for the hotel and maximize profits of the hotel through creative and selective selling.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Prospect for potential clients and turn this into new business.
• Cold call as appropriate within the market pool to ensure a robust pipeline of client leads.
• Meet potential clients to grow, maintain, and leverage client networks.
• Identify potential client organizations and decision makers within said organizations for research and building lasting business relations.
• Set up meetings, and conferences between client decision makers and company management for benchmarking of service provision.
• Maintain relationships with clients by providing support, information, and guidance; researching and recommending new opportunities; recommending profit and service improvements.
• Implement clients relations including: client satisfaction surveys, client development activities, client skills training, thorough personal visits
• Following through on closed sales for the purposes of customer feedback and ensure outstanding bills are cleared
• Meet monthly targets as may be set from time to time
• Identify product improvements or new products by remaining current on industry trends, market activities, and competitors.
• Prepare reports by collecting, analysing, and summarizing information.
• Active and effective Debt collection from clients.
• Gathering market and customer Services intelligent information for bench marking Hotels products and services
• Advising on forthcoming services, developments and discussing special promotions.
• Participate in business development activities including-promotions and exhibitions,
• Participate in the designing, implementation, and facilitation of annual marketing customer care plan
• Developing and executing the marketing/tourism strategy for all the hotels
• Maintaining client’s database and analyzing market trends in line with organizations goals and objectives.
• Advising the senior management on what is happening in the industry
• Advice the tours and travel agents on potential tourism circuits to maximize on revenue where the hotels are located
• Developing and managing hotels’ specific promotional materials and also participate in tourism development activities.
• Other duties that may be allocated by the hotel management from time to time.
• A Bachelor’s degree in a Business Related course.
• Professional Sales & Marketing certificate highly desirable
• A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar role either in a hotel, media or FMCG industry.
• Business Development experience highly desirable.
• Ability to comprehend P&L, budget reports and written commentary.
• Additional international language would be a plus
• Communication skills, interpersonal skills, analytical skills, strategic thinking and business development are the desired qualities.
Competencies and Skills required
The ideal candidate should display first class aptitude and should ideally have; multi task assignments experience, team management skills, demonstrated flair for numbers, excellent presentation skills, and finally is in a front and/or middle office role.
• Team player
• Keen eye for details
• Excellent communicator
• Business Focus
• Evaluation & Reporting
• Punctual & excellent time manager
• Ethical and holds high integrity
This vacancy is a full time position.