Are you a service centred sales and marketing professional with a keen eye for offering clients with excellent hospitality services? Are you able to negotiate for good business deals and make powerful presentations to a variety of high level audiences? If so then you are the person we would like to hear from right now.
Purpose Statement of the Position
The jobholder will market products by developing and implementing marketing and advertising campaigns, tracking sales data, maintaining promotional materials inventory; planning meetings and presentations; maintaining databases; preparing reports. Plan, directs and implement sales strategies and programs to achieve or exceed the sales objectives for the company.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Maintain confidentiality of guest and associates information and pertinent hotel data
• Ascertain departmental training needs and provide such training
• Direct development and performance of staff and provide timely feedback on the same
• Work well under pressure of organizing and attaining production schedules and timelines.
• Prepare and administer timely Performance Evaluations according to hotel standards.
• Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental, divisional, and hotel policies, procedures, and standards.
• Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment. Use equipment only as intended.
• Anticipate guests' needs and respond promptly to guests' requests and resolve guest complaints.
• Be familiar with all Hotel services/features and local attractions/activities to respond to guest inquiries accurately.
• Review the daily activities, such as: House count, Forecasted covers for each outlet, Catering activity, Purchases, Meetings, Appointments,VIPs/special guests
• Return business telephone calls and all correspondence within 24 hours.
• Meet or exceed set monthly booking quota in the assigned market.
• Achieve or exceeding set goals in sales, profit and occupancy for the total hotel operation.
• Creation of work-plans to facilitate and execute cost-effective and productive sales trips into assigned territory to improve and increase our penetration of that market.
• Qualification and solicitation of existing and new accounts through: Personal visits Telephone calls and Written correspondence
• Participation in promotional events.
• Participation in industry and community events, as well as trade shows and providing daily reports on the same.
• Promptly respond (within 24hours) to all inquiries, prospects, and tentative or definite business.
• Interact with customers during meetings or conventions on the property through:
• Exit interview for referrals
• Participation in pre and post-convention meetings
• Regular contact with future definite meetings.
• Update and maintain recording system including:
• Creation of files as per Peabody's SOPs
• Maintenance of file system
• Following policies and procedures in detail with respect to files and appropriate forms (Definite Booking Summary, Booking Recaps with memos and comments, and log of calls) filled out completely and accurately
• Submit monthly action plan and revenue reports to management.
• Submit monthly industry trend reports to inform management on strategic planning for the organization.
• Maintain accurate Delphi computer information on all new and ongoing leads and accounts, including solicitation efforts and maintain up to date traces on all accounts.
• Maintain and follow OSHA regulations.
• Any other duties as assigned
• First degree in Business Administration or its equivalent
• Professional Sales & Marketing certificate highly desirable
• A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar role either in a hotel, media or FMCG industry.
• Business Development experience highly desirable.
• Ability to comprehend P&L, budget reports and written commentary.
• Additional international language would be a plus
• Communication skills, interpersonal skills, analytical skills, strategic thinking and business development are the desired qualities.
• Able to use the Delphi System for data retrieval
Competencies and Skills required
The ideal candidate should display first class aptitude and should ideally have; multi task assignments experience, team management skills, demonstrated flair for numbers, excellent presentation skills, and finally is in a front and/or middle office role.
• Team player
• Excellent communicator
• Strategic Orientation
• Business Focus
• Evaluation & Reporting
• Punctual & excellent time manager
• Ethical and holds high integrity
This vacancy is a full time position.