Purpose Statement of the Position
The Sales Representative will play a pivotal role in achieving the sales target and eventually generates revenue for the business. The position is responsible for sales function and maintaining as close to 100% sales for the products. The role requires interaction with existing client and potential clients.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Wholesaler and Retailer management with focus on new acquisition and sustained supply by handing over to distributors
• Planning and delivering monthly, weekly and daily sales targets
• Coordinating collection of sales proceeds within the approved terms of trade
• Managing route plans and customer calls by ensuring market coverage within plan
• Identifying opportunities and negotiating for incremental business
• Coordinating implementation of merchandising and promotional activities
• Collecting and collating market intelligence/research on competitor activities and other market trends for competitive advantage
• Monitoring competition by gathering information on other products, prices, positioning, delivery schedules, merchandising techniques, and point of sale, promotion materials; for use by Management.
• Preparing daily, weekly and monthly reports on the activities of the day.
• Delivering customer service through relationship management and ensuring that customer claims are settled in the shortest time possible
• Ensuring completion of territory reporting and communication requirements
• Servicing existing accounts, obtains orders, and establishes new accounts by planning and organizing daily work schedule to call on existing or potential sales outlets.
• Achieving agreed upon sales targets and outcomes within schedule.
• Establishing, developing and maintaining positive business and customer relationships.
• Continuously improving through feedback analyse the territory/market’s potential, track sales and status reports.
• Monitoring competition by gathering current marketplace information on pricing, products, new products, delivery schedules, merchandising techniques, etc.
• Analysing the territory/market’s potential, track sales and status reports.
• A Diploma in Business related course.
• A minimum of 3 years Sales and Marketing experience in FMCG highly desirable.
• A proven track record in closing sales within the FMCG sector highly desirable.
• B2C sales experience.
• A valid driving license with 2 years driving experience.
• Certificate of good conduct.
• Willingness to work in Central Rift, Mombasa and Nairobi.
• Male candidates aged above 30 years are encouraged to apply.
Competencies and Skills required
• High interpersonal skills and ability to interact with people from all walks of life.
• Ability to work under pressure
• Relationship and account management skills.
• Report writing skills
• Ability to prospect for, negotiate and close a business deal
• Negotiation skills
• Confident and bold
• Communication skills
• Good planning and organization skills.
• Team player with proven leadership skills.
• Good decision maker.
• Ethical and holds high integrity
This vacancy is a full time position.