Manage funds in such a manner as to maximize return on investment while minimizing risk, and ensuring that an adequate control structure is in place over the transfer and investment of funds by engaging in financial analysis in forecasting, budgeting, engaging in cost reduction analysis, and reviewing operational performance.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Responsible for the maintenance/accuracy and correctness of the company’s general ledger.
• Liaising with External Auditors in carrying out periodical and Year End Audits respectively,
• Lead, train, manage the team, performance management, evaluate the competency gaps
• To ensure that Corporate Tax computations, payments and returns are prepared and made on time,
• Champion revenue optimization initiatives implementation,
• Revenue assurance reviews to ensure all due incomes are completely recorded and corrected.
• Involved in Business planning and budget preparation and monitoring,
• Ensure that Budgets are correctly implemented in the Accounting system,
• Budget monitoring and reporting through variance reports to keep Board and management fully informed on performance and revenue maximization initiatives.
• Overseeing the Preparation and presentation of the Board Paper, and ensuring the accuracy of the information contained therein.
• Working Capital Management, by ensuring Cash flows are optimally managed, bank commitments are met, and active involvement in sourcing for funds when required,
• Be an effective, supportive member of the team to achieve the agreed team goals
• Posting of the Sales Invoices into the sales Ledger.
• Production and analysis of the sales ledger reports and validating cost of sales
• Production of the VAT reports and thereof filing of the same on or before 20th of every month in the ITax system.
• Maintaining good rapports with the customers on regular basis to ensure updated information between the organization and the respective clients
• For external and internal audit purposes, provision of accurate aged debtors’ analysis.
• For external and internal audit purposes, preparation of correct sales ledger, cost of sales, up to and including correct analysis of forex.
• Overseeing the Posting of receipts from clients into the SAP system by the month end.
• Reconciling and updating of the customer statements.
• Ensuring timely delivery of invoices to the respective customers.
Key Performance Indicators
• Financial Reports
• Budgetary controls
• Compliance of accounting policies
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Commerce/ business related
• CPA / ACCA
• Member of ICPA(K)
• Minimum 8 years’ experience in a progressive leadership position with five years handling financial complexities
Required skills and key competencies
• Analytical skills.
• Excellent Communication Skills especially in presenting the analysis of the results of the Company
• Governance, risk and control
• Team player, change agent, agile, personal effectiveness, IT Proficiency, ability to work under pressure,
• Innovative and self-driven
• Stakeholder relationship management
• Pro activeness and innovation
• Dynamic, individual with the ability to work under pressure.
• A passion for performance, building team play, and achievement in a competitive and dynamic environment
• Environmental awareness
How to apply: If you are interested in the position and have the skills and talents our client is looking for, we would like to hear from you.
Please make your application through our website www.dorbe-leit.co.ke before close of business 4th October 2018. Only successful candidates will be contacted.
This vacancy is a full time position.