Their approach harness the vitality of the private sector to improve health outcome while addressing the most serious health challenges affecting resource-poor and vulnerable communities in the country and across 45 counties.
They are looking for an experienced Trade Development Manager reporting to the National Trade Development Manager.
Job Purpose/ Summary
To achieve sales and distribution objectives in the assigned region and manage, develop and monitor trade marketing activities within a specific region.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Ensure that the set minimum standards for prime /key outlets for each of the brands are maintained.
• Implement and oversee national trade promotions within the assigned region.
• Design and implement regional specific promotions that aim to increase sales.
• Build strong relationships with the distribution partners and monitor their in the field to increase productivity and minimize risks.
• Participate the development of strategies for the assigned region by use of research data.
• Demonstrate cost consciousness in the use of company resources especially advances and vehicles.
• Monitor payment of incentives to distributors, wholesalers and distributor salesmen/freelancers to minimize risk.
• Gather market intelligence and share important information with immediate supervisor.
• Develop and continuously update a sales and distribution profile for the assigned region.
• Submit weekly and monthly progress reports to the National Trade Development Manager.
• Ensure good linkages across all trade levels to enhance consistent flow of products and minimize stock-outs.
• Ensure product visibility and POS placement to create awareness among the traders and users.
• Achieve sales targets for the region by managing, monitoring and developing appointed distributors, key wholesalers and CBOs within the assigned region.
• Ensure good distribution / coverage of company products in both urban and rural areas.
• Ensure that all PSI/Kenya products meet the minimum quality of coverage standards.
• Proactively manage all the key channels identified to drive sales and improve distribution e.g. the freelancers, wine and spirits, wholesalers and distributors.
• Coordinate the distribution of free condoms to the areas with gaps in the assigned region.
• Implement the "PULL" strategies as per the activity plan.
• Timeliness and quality of reports.
• Build capacity of the distribution partners by holding sales and distribution sessions for the distributors, wholesalers and CBOs.
• Initiate healthy partnerships with company stakeholders within their regions such as MOH, institutions and schools in making the health products accessible to the vulnerable groups.
• Bachelor’s degree in Sales or equivalent.
• Diploma in Sales and Marketing.
• Valid driving license.
• At least 4 years’ experience in Sales.
This vacancy is a full time position.